Safety and Policy Update
In response to the dynamic COVID-19 situation, we would like to share actions The Broome team is taking to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests and team members. We are closely monitoring updates from city and government officials as well as making sure we are up to date on any news from the CDC on the evolving situation.
The Broome hotel is private boutique hotel with limited access to the public: access the building with a valid keycard or by invitation only. All visitors are required to wear a face cover to gain access to the building.
All Broome Staff will be wearing approved PPE (gloves and face masks) for the safety of staff and guests.
- Only one party of guests (same family, friends etc.) will be allowed at a given time in the front desk counter area. Any other guests or parties needing assistance will be politely asked to come back later or wait safely in the conference room or courtyard. Crowding in the lobby will not be permitted.
- The front desk has been equipped with a plexiglass shield for the safety of all staff and guests. One person at a time will be allowed at the front desk, with all others asked to respect 6ft social distancing. Contactless check-in is available.
- All roomkeys will be thoroughly sanitized before and after use with each guest.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols:
- The entire building is cleaned and disinfected in depth at least twice a day.
- In addition, highly touched areas and surfaces are sanitized periodically throughout the day and night using EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) recommended disinfectants and processes.
- We recommend guests and visitors to wash their hands frequently and to make use of the hand sanitizers made available throughout the hotel.
Guest Room Protocols:
- Our rooms are cleaned in depth, disinfected, inspected and sealed for guest’s arrival. As much as possible, we will maintain rooms vacant 24 hours between guests.
- High-touch parts of the room will also be cleaned to the highest of standards.
- Housekeepers shall not enter the room for service unless requested by the guest.
- Guest may leave unwanted items outside their door by using plastic bags made available in their room for that effect.
- Fresh and new items (linens, laundry, towels, toiletries) can be sealed and delivered to the guest’s door by housekeeping or any available agent.
- If housekeeping service is requested, the guests will be required to exit the room for the entire service.
- Complimentary coffee and tea: served and delivered in disposable (to-go) cups only. Prepared and door-delivered by staff member wearing PPE (face cover and protective gloves).
Public Space Protocols:
- There will be limited seating available in our courtyard and restaurant, will all tables 6 ft apart to adhere to social distancing.
- High-touch parts of all public spaces will be thoroughly disinfected multiple times a day. Examples of high-touch include doorknobs, handles, steps, stairs, handrails, counters, display areas, light switches, elevator doors buttons.
- The meeting room will still be available for use with a limit of 4 people, and must be reserved with the front desk to allow time for thorough cleaning before and after use.
New Breakfast Protocols:
We will of course continue to offer our famous daily breakfast to all of our guests, however, the method of us serving you will be slightly different moving forward.
- We are thrilled to offer all of our guests our "Broome Service" breakfast in bed, free-of-charge! On your room door, daily, you will find a door hanger, upon which will be the breakfast options. Simply fill out the hanger (before 3AM each night) with what you wish to enjoy in your breakfast, and your desired delivery time and we will bring your breakfast to your room in the morning.
- If you wish to enjoy breakfast in our cafe, you are more than welcome. We will be reducing our capacity at the cafe, spacing the tables out to comply with all social distancing regulations, so there will be a reduction in seating.
- We will still have seating outside on the patio, however this will also be set up to comply with social distancing.
New Flexible Cancellation Policies
We know that things are changing due to COVID-19, and we want to do everything we can to instill confidence in our guests to book here with us when you honor us by staying at the Broome NYC hotel. We've rolled out brand new cancellation policies to ensure that you have the flexibility needed when you book, so that if you aren't able to make the trip, you'll still be OK to cancel, or change your dates.
Our two main cancellation policies will now be:
Fully Flexible: This will be our standard cancellation policy. Basically, this means you have up until 48 hours from your arrival to cancel your booking free of charge.
Semi-Flexible: This has replaced our previous fully non-refundable cancellation policy, but we're keeping the same discount for you if you choose to book this rate. Now if you book a rate with our semi-flexible cancellation policy, you'll have up until 21 days from arrival to cancel free of charge. If you do have to cancel within this 21 days, we'll give you the option to change your reservation to any future date, just reach out to us and we'll be happy to facilitate this. Please note, we'll only be able to accomodate one date change per reservation and applicable rates may apply. If you have to fully cancel, you will foreight the cost of the first night plus tax.